Monday, February 28, 2011

Goals



A word about goals.

I've found that if you divide a huge goal into several smaller goals, the end result seems much less daunting.

I did this when I studied fashion design in Florence and when I worked in the fashion industry in London. I had the ridiculous idea that I COULD do these things. So, I sat down with a pencil and a piece of paper and I worked it out.

I divided my huge goal into sections and set target dates for completing each section. Each time I completed one of the smaller tasks, I gave myself a small reward. The rewards grew bigger and more extravagant as I moved closer to my ultimate goal. And in the end, my grand prize was knowing that I was able to accomplish something that initially seemed overwhelming to me.

It can be done!

image via psdcollector.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment